“Culture Helps / Культура допомагає” — an EU co-funded project implemented by Insha Osvita (UA) and zusa (DE) — opens a second call for applications for individual grants. You can receive up to €1.000 as individual mental health support.
The Individual grants programme focuses on support of mental health. Cultural workers, activists and artists, working with people who have been forced to move to safer regions of Ukraine or Creative Europe countries (all EU Member States as well as certain non-EU countries) because of the russia’s war in Ukraine, can receive financial support to take care of their mental health and wellbeing (e.g.: pay for a therapist etc.). The programme aims to draw attention to the importance of mental health in the cultural field.
Facts on the Individual grants programme
- “Culture helps” includes 7 calls for Individual grants, which will be announced in 2023-2024. This is the second call of the programme.
- The next call will be launched in October 2023. Each call will support around 30 Individual grantees.
- 80% of the total grants are expected to be disbursed in Ukraine, 20% in Creative Europe countries.
- Minimum amount of the grant is €200, maximum €1.000.
- Within the first call for individual grants, we received 406 applications and were able to support 24 of them. High competition is expected.
To apply for the grant, you need to be (eligibility criteria)
- Aged 18+
- A cultural manager, an artist or an activist working with displaced persons in Ukraine or in one of the Creative Europe participating countries, particularly families and children, on integration into new communities through culture.
- Reside in Ukraine or be a person who has fled from Ukraine to one of the Creative Europe participating countries after 24.02.2022 (List of non-EU participating countries in the Creative Europe Programme) after 24.02.2022.
Application and timeline
- Applications must be submitted via the link. You can find all questions from the form here to prepare your application in advance.
- You can apply in English or Ukrainian.
- If you have technical or other difficulties with the Internet connection, you can submit an application as a Word document. Please reach us via email firstname.lastname@example.org if it is your case.
- Deadline for applications is July 28, 2023, 22:59 Berlin time / 23:59 Kyiv time.
- Results of the selection process will be announced not later than August 31, 2023.
- Clarity of the application and motivation of the applicant. Please be as specific as possible in your application.
- Correspondence with conditions and focus of the Grant call. The application should be focused on the mental health of the applicant (cultural worker, activist or artist, working with people who have been forced to move to safer regions of Ukraine or Creative Europe countries because of russia’s war in Ukraine). Please do not apply with a project which supports the mental health of other people (other than you).
- Clarity of the financial plan. Please enter the specific amount of your request.
Do you have any questions left? Use one of the possibilities to prepare a better application:
- Join an Online info session on July 11, 16:00 Kyiv time. Please register via link for the session, and we will send you an invitation and the Zoom link.
- By the link, you can find a recording of a previous Online info session on individual grants, where we discussed many questions related to the preparation of the application.
- Contact us via email, email@example.com.
- Contact us via Telegram chat.