Together with our partner Insha Osvita (Ukraine, Ivano-Frankivsk), we implement the project “Culture Helps” / “Культура допомагає”. Culture helps is an EU co-funded, Ukrainian-German partnership project aimed at helping people from Ukraine who are displaced by the war, especially families and children, with integration into their new communities through cultural activities. The project focus is on (displaced) cultural professionals and organisations that can enable this process. The project offers multi-level grants, mental health support, online and offline workshops and meetings for displaced cultural professionals both in Ukraine and in exile as well as their peers in other Creative Europe countries. “Culture Helps” will support more than 140 organisations and initiatives through project and collaboration grants, as well as tainings, mentoring and peer-learning. More than 200 cultural workers will receive financial support to enhance their mental health.
For our Berlin office we are looking as soon as possible but latest by May, 1st 2023 for a Project Coordinator (m/f/x), 28h/week.
The position depends on external funding sources and the employment contract is planned until 31 March 2025.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the project “Culture Helps” in consultation with the project supervisor and the Ukrainian lead partner. In particular, the project coordinator is responsible for the following tasks:
- Planning and implementation of the international project activities according to the project proposal and in consultation with the project supervisor at zusa and the lead partner in Ukraine
- Communication and coordination of project implementation with the project team, partners, funders and participants
- Coordination of project administration: preparation of contracts with participating organisations, follow-up on their grants, financial and narrative reports
- Supervision and support of participants and their collaborations
- Support the design and facilitation of online activities, incl. networking, training and workshops
- Financial management of the project budget according to the grant regulations in consultation with the project administrator
- Support in the mentoring of the funded projects, especially in financial administration
- Several years of experience in project and office management
- Experience in management of larger scale projects
- Hands-on experience in the field of art and culture and/or non-formal education
- Experience with facilitation, mentoring and training design
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian and/or European cultural/civil society scene is an advantage
- Confident use of computer software and the internet
- Accurate working style especially with numbers
- High level of motivation, excellent communication and social skills
- International experience, intercultural sensitivity and joy working with people
- Willingness to work flexible hours, also on weekends, and able to travel abroad
- Desire to work together closely in a team, ability and reliability fointerdependent working and decision-making
- Very good command of English and Ukrainian, proficiency in German and other European languages is an advantage
We offer a varied range of responsibilities and activities in a dynamic and versatile organisation. A competent, motivated team with flat hierarchies awaits you, as well as a pleasant work atmosphere and plenty of room for own ideas. The work location is Berlin. The salary ranges based on experience between 2.000 € up to 2.300 € brutto per month (for 28h/week).
zusa stands for the diversity of all employees. We welcome applications from all interested people, regardless of their social background, age, religion, gender, disability, and sexual identity.
Please direct your documents (including a motivation letter) with an indication of the earliest possible start date by 17th March 2023 with subject “Project Coordinator Culture Helps” by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (only 1 PDF document, file size under 3 MB). The job interviews take place in Berlin in the week of 27th March 2023.